Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April Pop Sugar Unboxing!!!!

Hey guys! So I was really excited to try out Pop Sugar Must Have boxes! It is a monthly subscription box and for $35 a month you get over $100 worth of products that can range from fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and fitness. Since This box is a bit pricey I am giving it 3 strikes until I cancel. Unfortunately my first month was also my first strike. I don't like to complain about things but compared to boxes I have seen in the past this one was a C-. I feel like they made this one bad in order to get people to buy the Summer Must Have box for $100! I almost fell for it but decided not to give in! Read on for individual products prices reviews and where to get them! Also watch like and subscribe to my YouTube and Blog :) Feel free to leave comments :)


First is the Quinoa Dark Chocolate crisp bar. This retails for $3.99 on www,alterecofoods.com. The theme for April goes along with Earth day so everything in the box is environmentally friendly which I like. My roomate and I tried this and it is good! It also comes with a $1.00 coupon. I may or may not repurchase. I don't like that this cheap chocolate was a main item in the box only because it is only $3.99. If it was an extra it would have been fine but since there were only 5 items in the box this month I am not pleased.

Next is Tatcha Petal Fresh Evening Aburatorigami Beauty Papers AKA blotting papers. These retail for $15 at www.tatcha.com. These blotting papers are made of all natural ingredients which is nice. I did use them and they worked without leaving a weird after smell. I however think they are over priced and wouldn't be purchasing them in the future. I usually get blotting papers from ELF or Clean and Clear which cost $3 and do the same thing. Again like the chocolate I feel like this item should have been an extra and not a main item since it is so generic and not unique.

Next in the box is Kai Perfume Oil. This retails for $48! This product is full sized even though it looks small and you can get it at www.kaifragrance.com. The brochure  says that stars such as Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, and Jennifer Garner use. The perfume is a rollerball container and smells of sweet gardenia and white exotic flowers. The only reason I don't like this scent is because I don't like floral scents. I am more of a fruity fragrance girl. Although I wouldn't wear this I feel that other women who like floral scents would enjoy it because it doesn't smell like fake synthetic flowers. I am going to be giving it to my mom because she likes florals. 
This is my favorite product in the box this month! It is a bracelet from Shashi called the New Nugget Bracelet and retails for $28 at www.shopshashi.com. It is a gold plated rope bracelet, I am assuming 24K and it is brown and turquoise colored strings. I like this because it is on trend and can go with everything! I have worn it the past 2 days and feel like I am going to be wearing it alot more in the summer. I recommend this bracelet and want to buy more!
The last item in the box is the Green Garmento Four-in-One Reusable Dry Cleaning Bag. This retails for $9.99 at www.greengarmento.com. I read that this item was from the show Shark Tank which I thought was cool. It can be made into a garment bag, hamper, laundry bag, or duffel bad depending on how you tie it or pull the drawstrings which I think is awesome for travel! It has the Pop Sugar logo in neon pink and a clear sleeve to put identification in. This is my second favorite item in the bag and recommend it. 

Overall I was not impressed with this box. I am hoping that future ones are better or I will cancel. This bag does come to a total of: $104.98 which isn't bad since they do promise each bag is worth over $100. I do think they could have replaced the chocolate and the blotting papers with something more exotic and unique. 
Follow this link to get your box:



No comments:

Post a Comment