Sunday, May 5, 2013

April Favorites and Not So Favorites :)

Hey guys! Read on for my favorite and not so favorite products for the month of April and let me know what yours are :)

Favorites: 

My first favorite product is the Monster Energy Zero Ultra in the white can. This has zero sugar, zero calories, zero fat, and zero carbs and tastes amazing! It tastes like sparkling grapefruit juice and was made for women so if you are looking for an energy drink that works without giving you a ton of jitters get your hands on this bad boy!

My next favorite products are 2 face primers! Face primers are great to help make your makeup last longer and give your face a smooth pore-less finish. The first Primer is from DHC and it is called  the DHC Velvet skin coat and it does give your skin a velvety soft finish and a little goes a long way.

The next primer is from Pixi and it is the Flawless and Pore less Primer and it can be picked up at Target! I received this sample in my February Ipsy bag and am still not through it! This stuff lasts forever so a full sized bottle will be worth the money. It gives my skin a nice even canvas without feeling greasy. 

The Elf Lip Exfoliator is also a favorite for me this month. This is a lip product that I use every morning while putting on my makeup. It smells and tastes like warm vanilla sugar and has brown sugar in it to help exfoliate away dead skin. It is perfect to use before putting on lip color to help even out and make the color last longer.

 My last favorite products are these gemstone necklaces I got at a gemstone convention. I am obsessed with stones and have been my whole life. Many stores and thrift shops sell jewelry made out of quartz and crystals so I think everyone should at least have one piece. They are always unique and a great conversation starter. 

Not So Favorites:


The first product that I am not a fan of is the Fresh Body Dry Shampoo from Victoria's Secret. This stuff was $12 and overpriced in my opinion. It smells fine but made my hair feel greasy and chalky which I wasn't too fond of. It gave me great volume but I couldn't stand the feeling of it.

Next is a sample I received from Aquaphor and it is a Lip Protectant/Sunscreen with SPF 30. The reason I didn't like this was it was thick and tasted terrible! The three times I tried it I had to immediately take it off because of the taste. For a lip product I think they could have made it taste way better then it does.

Another UnFavorite of mine was the Caribbean Escape Candle form Bath and Body Works. I am convinced I got a dud because all of my other candles I have ever gotten from there have been amazing! This did smell good but when I put it on my candle warmer it only lasted a couple times before I wasn't able to smell it anymore. 

My final not so favorite product is Allure.com. I as alot of other people had a major problem with purchasing the Summer 2013 Beauty Box. The link they sent out to everyone didn't work and many people weren't able to get a box because of that. I think they need to realize that many people are going to want to get the box so they should be better prepared. I also think that since the box is in limited quantities that people shouldn't be able to buy 5. I think 1 or 2 per person is enough but 5 is ridiculous an makes people miss out on the opportunity to buy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment