Thursday, April 2, 2015

Elf Haul and Review! What's New at Elf!

Elf Haul and Review! What's New at Elf!




***Don't forget to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to the video above***

Hey guys! I wanted to get more into making videos and then making blog posts to go along with the videos. I have done that in the past and really think it needs to be done again. I purchase from Elf quite often as it is affordable, and I have found a ton of good products! Read on for my reviews of some new products as well as tried and true favorites. 

There are also a few new products that Elf recently put out that I got so make sure you keep reading.

The first product I bought were Individual False Eye lashes. This kit also comes with glue. I haven't actually used these yet. I have used these kind in the past and I really like them. I apply them to the outer edge of my eye for a naturally full effect that can be worn everyday. I recommend these because they are reusable and inexpensive. These Retail for $1.00.

I always do my brows with the Elf brow duo kit and I called it my holy grail brow product. But then I saw that they had a new brow product out and I had to try it. It is the Essential Instant Lift Brown pencil and mine is in the color neutral brown. One side has a soft crayon liner while the other has a spooley brush. This looks very similar to the one from Anastasia Beverly hills. I have seen the hype over that product so I wanted to see if this could be a dupe. Now I have never tried the one from Anastasia but the one from Elf is awesome. The liner is not too harsh but also not too sharp. It has great payoff. It is right in the middle of being too dark and being too light. It gives off a soft brown color which is very natural looking. After I would color them in I would comb through them with the spooley and they looked great! It lasted all day and came off easily at night! I don't know which brown product I like better from Elf! This one retails for $2.00.

I am on the hunt like always for a great concealer. I need one to not only hide blemished but also the red and purple marks they leave behind on my skin for months. I decided to try out the Essential All Over Cover Stick in light beige. I have purchased one other color stick before in a light pink color and it smelled highly of fruit. This cover up was no exception. The smell is so fruity and sickening I haven't even wanted to try it out. I am afraid the fragrance might irritate my skin or cause me to break out! When I swatched it on my hand it seemed to have decent coverage so maybe I will get the courage to use it. This retails for $1.00.

The Studio Hydrating Under Eye Serum is a repurchase for me. I like to put this on after my moisturizer and after my primer. This helps brighten my undereye area without leaving it looking greasy or making my makeup cakey. I feel like this helps my makeup to lay smoother for longer and stay put longer as well. This retails for $3.00.

I saw that their cream eyeliner was in a new shade of Metallic Olive and immediately had to snatch it up! Olive green is the color I am obsessed with right now so I really wanted to get an eyeliner to do a cool cat eye with! Unfortunately for me this color came out looking brown. It was really smooth and creamy and I am for sure going to be using it in the future but I am mad that the color didn't match what the packaging says. The formula does seem great so I might pick up more colors! It also comes with a mini angled brush which helps apply it easily! This retails for $3.00.

Another new item for spring was the Studio Intense Ink Eyeliner. They had a few colors but I choose black. I am always looking for a great inexpensive opaque felt tipped eyeliner to do my cat eyes. This one did not disappoint! The felt tip is fat at one end and tapers down to a precise line. The line it create is also super opaque! This liner doesn't budge all day and is a breeze to remove! It makes drawing on my liner so easy. My only concern is that when I buy inexpensive felt liners they seem to dry out fast so I am hoping that's not the case with this one. It has become my new favorite! This retails for $3.00.

The Studio Lock on Gel Liner was also a new addition this spring. It also came in a few colors but I chose black. I use these types of liners to line my water line because these stay in place better then felt ones do on that area. I was looking for one that would last all day without getting onto my lower lash line. This one also has a smudger on the other end if you want to smudge it out. This liner is great! It stays on all day without getting onto my lower lashes, is opaque, and comes off easily at night. This retails for $3.00.

The Studio under eye concealer and highlighter looked interesting so I decided to try it. I currently use the studio brightening concealer under my eye and I like it but it can get cakey. I mix these two shades under my eye and it creates the same effect. I can't really tell which works better but I think this one doesn't leave as harsh of a highlight as the other. This retails for $3.00.

The next concealer I decided to try was the Studio concealer in the color beige. This comes in a twist up tube. This color was a bit too orange for me and didn't seem to really cover what I needed it to. this retails for $3.00.

Another new item for spring that I wanted to try was the Studio HD Mattifying Balm. I have tried the Mattifying Foundation that comes in the same packaging and hated it. But as summer approaches I wanted to try out a new mattifying primer. This one comes with a sponge which I use to dab the product on. It has a silicon primer feel that I like and helped my makeup lay smooth. This kept me matte all day I can't wait to put it to the real test come summer. This retails for $6.00.

The final item was a repurchase of the brush cleaner. I like this because it is inexpensive and gets the job done! I also like the chic black packaging. This retails for $3.00.

I did get all this when they were having a 40% off sale as well! Elf ALWAYS has a sale so I would never recommend buying it online if there is no sale. Stores like Target, Old Navy, and some drugstores sell a limited supply as well.

Let me know of your holy grail elf products or any other ones you would want me to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment